Music Theatre NOW Network MTNN
The Music Theatre NOW Network is committed to the artistic development of music theatre worldwide. From experimental projects to productions in opera houses we embrace all forms of music theatre, including hybrid theatrical forms where music is a crucial and indispensable aspect of the performance.
Music Theatre NOW Network’s main task is to ensure the dissemination of information about music theatre and audience education. The MTN Network takes a special interest in music theatre outside of the Western European tradition and in contemporary work which reflects these other traditions.
• To raise awareness of music theatre around the globe.
• To facilitate the production and presentation of music theatre.
• To stimulate cooperation and exchange of productions among producers and presenters.
• To preserve and communicate the diversity of newly created works.
• International competition by Music Theatre NOW for the most interesting music theatre productions of the past years.
• MTN meeting where the winning productions are shown on video and discussed.
• Web archive of New Music Theatre.
• Establishing a network of music theatre presenters.
• Support local music theatre communities in order to raise awareness of the genre.
• Establish regular activities for the MTN network.
• Building up the MTN archive based on nearly 1000 applications until now and facilitate research project in collaboration with universities
• Develop exchange program for emerging artists from the field
Board Members / Members
Guy COOLEN, President, Belgium Flanders
Ana ABLAMONOVA, Lithuania
Magnus ASPEGREN, Sweden
Michael HUNT, South Africa
Désirée MEISER, Switzerland Beth MORRISON, USA
Shoshana POLANCO, Mexico / Argentina
Axel TANGERDING, Germany
Roland QUITT, Germany
Nick Rongiun YU, China
Shuang ZOU, China
Danny YUNG, Hong Kong
Christian GRAMMEL, Coordinator Director, Germany Mtnow(at)iti-germany.de
Sign up for the MTN Newsletter
>>Activity Report 2011-2014
>>Activity Report 2014-2017
>>Publications on issuu.com